Saturday, October 1, 2011

October First's

So it looks like you're going to be an October baby!!! October is also the month of three other special birthdays. Special because all three of the people where life-changing firsts in my life.

October 7th-Cousin Jenny

This was the first time I ever saw someone in labor for hours when Auntie Danai was about to have Jenny. I remember the hot baths Auntie Danai and i ran for her to try and ease the pain. When she would squeeze my hand during a contraction until i couldn't feel my fingers. Trying to go into work later that day, and leaving after an hour when Auntie Chenai called to say her and Uncle Guppy were taking her to the hospital. The first time I watched someone birth a child when Auntie Danai had her. My first time seeing a miracle right before my eyes.
The first time I experienced pure, unconditional love at first sight when I laid eyes on Jenny for the first time.
The first time a little girl could make my heart melt with a smile and a cuddle and still does.

October 8th- Grandpa Clem

The first man who loved me even before I was born. The first man to teach me how to be my best no matter what, because he believed I could and would do anything and would do it well. "excellent" was one of his favorite words when commenting on one of his kids' job well done:) My one and only Parp who taught me love by his fierce love for Grandma and us. And when he passed it was the first time I felt a deep loss like never before, and somehow even in death I continue to learn so much from him daily.

October 21st- Your dad, My best friend

The first man in my adult life who actually courted me and treated and still treats me like a lady. Before we were married I never asked your dad to come and hang out with me. He always called me and politely yet confidently let me know he was coming over later and would bring dinner for us. I will always remember that. My heart was hard before I met your dad, but he got through like no man had ever done. He was and is the first man who has loved me romantically like I'd never been loved before. He is the father our soon-to-be first born child. He is the first love of my life.

October ?- Zoe's birthday
My first love before sight. See you soon my little one:)

No comments:

Post a Comment