Thursday, April 26, 2012

celeAPRILation


Yes I just made up a word to describe April...
April  17th - gogo's ( Shona for grandma) 61st birthday
even though I was a "challenging" child thankfully she decided to let me be and today I get to call my mommy one of my closest friends. I'm sure she still sees glimpses of that "challenging" child but she still let's me be. years later I still remember the poignant words of wisdom she'd splash my way especially during my teen years, and the words she wrote regarding my choices in friends or "friends"  in a letter or two she penned when she felt I wasn't listening. the best part was how she signed them "your surrogate mother" lol, yes there's a lot of dramatic scenes in our family history. I thank God everyday for my mommy and the strength and wisdom  she gets from loving Jesus with such abandon. thankful for the bible story sessions she'd make us have when we were kids, even when aunt chenai and I often derailed them with our childish antics and fits of laughter. her insistence on reminding us as adults that God's will would prevail over ours even when we didn't want to hear it. Happy birthday to the best mommy and gogo, now we wait in anticipation for her arrival to the US.

April 25th- mama and dada's wedding anniversary
quite simply an illustration of how God always gives us His best. I'm reminded everyday that your dads was definitely a gift from God, he's more than I prayed for and it's delightful and humbling watching God work in him. I know he's made me a better person and daily helps me be the best mommy I can be. each year gets better with your dada and I'm looking forward to year 4 and many more. I love you boo boo!!
April 26- happy 4th cake day cousin jaden
we celebrated his first birthday with the top of our wedding cake 3 years ago, in the afterglow of being hitched the previous day. so I guess he's birthday is always special to us. after being instructed by cousin jenny that he only responds to the "happy cake day to you" not the traditional happy birthday I was reminded that, yes jaden isn't your traditional boy. and for a boy who was once caught red handed by your dada at 6:30 am with a spoon in one hand and a carton of ice cream he had climbed into the freezer for last year let's just say he gets away with antics that only he can pull off with a cute smile and major adorable factor that usually has one of us sigh. .." well, that's jaden"- happy cake day tubby, we love you!!

gogo and jaden

bound before God to walk in life side by side

No comments:

Post a Comment