Tuesday, April 3, 2012

big day today!!

last week we decided to donate the diapers, clothes etc that you couldn't fit into and for some reason i decided to look through one bag of clothes..heartbreaking. I was totally surprised by my reaction. just a couple of weeks ago you and I were in fits of laughter as I laughed out loud at an episode of Up All Night, where the dad was giving away his daughters clothes and as the mom he was giving them to started going through them. he snatched the bag away, and as you laughed because I was laughing I remember thinking, sensitive much dad?? God forgive me. yes it's just a show but I judged too soon and too harshly.

as I re-folded each piece of clothing I found myself whimpering as I remembered my tiny little baby, and a memory that came up with some of them ( some you never even got to wear). the little white button onsie that had delicate orange ruffles that you wore at 2 weeks on our drive from your first trip to LA. your five color horizontal striped footed onsie that I kept putting on you until you were literally busting out-it was sooo cute though. the little size 3mos green dress that I put on you at maybe 3 weeks because I felt it was time to "dress up", even if you were swimming in it..urgggg I could go on.

at first dada thought I was kidding and his banter kept me from an all out sob session. there would've been nothing wrong with crying like a little baby but I wasn't prepared so I'm glad I shook it off. when dada asked for the third time if I wanted to keep some I almost said "yes, yes, yes". but I stayed strong and we all went and said goodbye to the little outfits that tell 6 months of the best stories, moments and highlights. those little outfits will now bless another little girl and her (probably sentimental) mommy. i guess you do need bigger clothes to fit that "milk belly" you have going. but hey it helps when you are scooting around and swaying your little bottom back and forth before you lunge for your target to have all that "milk energy" to keep you going.

happy half-year birthday sweetheart. now let's create more memories..
my little 6week old baby is a little lady

playtime

nap time

No comments:

Post a Comment