Thursday, July 26, 2012

"outside"

one question people always ask new mommy's is " bet you can't wait for her to talk?"  having been a committed aunt for the last 9 years, I'm a new mom that's cool about when it happens. I in no rush. I am a mom that likes the idea of communicating with you though and we do that with baby sign. you already know this, however today you showed what a good little student you are. sometimes it feels like I'm "talking" to myself but you're actually "listening".
we take walks pretty much everyday and this week I introduced the tree sign to you and so there was a lot of pointing and smiling on our walks on top of your regular power naps. so this morning I lay my walking clothes at the edge of the bed and figure I could use an extra 5mins of just laying there. well you had other ideas, you crawled to the edge of the bed and one by one brought my clothes to me. you didn't put them in your mouth. Strange?!? you put everything in your mouth.?!? you just stared at me. awkward!! I got up and signed "outside?" "trees?" you cocked your head to look out the window, raised your hands and started squealing and jumping!!! so off we went "outside" to go see "trees".
good job baby girl. mama and dada are super proud of you



in other news, we are working on your social skills with swimdates at your
'friend" Palmer's house and playdates indoors and outdoors. the best part is your socializing always ends in awesome naps. yay socializing!!


No comments:

Post a Comment