Saturday, January 28, 2012

one year today

1/28/11 a year ago today we found out we were pregnant with you. even though you were planned, no one can ever prepare you for the feelings that consume you when you see that faint pink line getting darker.
According to my app ( yes there's an app for everything) my period was late but I didn't want to get my hopes up. dada suggested I wait until Feb 1st to take the test. he worried I'd be super disappointed. I agreed, but as I drove home from the store later i couldn't stop thinking about it and thought I'd burst if I waited one more minute let alone a day. So I covertly went to Walgreens and bought a test. My heart was racing, I prepared myself for "disappointment", told myself I was a big girl, just suck it up and try again. So I did what needed to be done and watched the stick and waited... Is that a double line?? I need more light even though it's a sunny afternoon.. Maybe my vision isn't 20/20! No that's a second line, oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh-repeat oh my gosh ?? times!! I didn't want to tell dada such news over the phone but needed to tell someone. I called aunt Chenai and she was obviously delighted. I told her maybe I'm not reading it right but she refused to doubt. next step was finding a gift bag to put the test in to wrap up nicely for dada. so off I went to the store and got dada for some lunch. I couldn't wait so I told him I had a present. he opened it and looked at me with a hesitant, blank, unsure cautious look. "is this what I think it is"-I paraphrase- he asked. yes dada it is, you're going to be a dad!!! we decided to buy another test just to make sure, it was too good to be true! hours later test two was definitely positive.
1/28/11 was a very good day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment