Sunday, November 6, 2011

your dada

Sunday Football with dada
bible reading time on iphone with dada
chillin'




I'll just be direct- you have the best dada!!
One day you'll get to tell him yourself but in the meantime I'll tell him for you.
Since before you were born he's always made an effort to be "involved" and super "helpful". He missed one doctors appointment and only because it was last minute and he had to man the store.
Now that you're here it's been amazing watching him get so much joy from being your dad. Sometimes I can be psycho anal mom and he's been more patient with my tendency to "manage" than ever before. And yes I have apologized when I catch myself. My favorite is when I need a little extra sleep or like today need a little more assistance cause I don't feel 100%. When I come back downstairs he always asks if I slept enough and I tell him not as much because I felt bad about leaving him alone with you. He likes to remind me "honey I'm her dad, it's my job too, it's not like I'm her uncle" -the uncle part is lol. And no matter how fussy you get he doesn't immediately hand you over. He's a little more subtle by saying "she stops crying when you hold her". Good one dada.
He doesn't complain or grumble about feeding and changing your diaper at 2am and 7am in the morning, and when you get fussy at night as we go to bed he'll get up and "sleep" walk you around the room until you sleep.
He likes to cuddle you close in our bed as he reads the bible to start our day in the morning and then kiss you and play with you until his bath time.
On your bath days he gets your tub and bath essentials ready for us and gets in the way by smothering you with endless kisses as I try to bathe and clothe you. When he gets home from work he has more kisses and likes to take short videos of you while at play.
 He loves the sound of your farts and hearing you poop, and for some weird reason smiles with pride and then laughs that laugh that he reserves for a touchdown or Lakers win. Very bizarre, but that's dada. On his days off he changes most if not all your diapers.
All this in your first month, I can't wait to see what more he'll come up with to, as he likes to say very seriously "know that she is loved".

No comments:

Post a Comment