Tuesday, September 25, 2012

"No words, baby girl, no words"

 
 
it's your last week as a baby, and you are making it known, that mama and papa- baby days are over!! you're growing up way too fast and have more energy than we can keep up with. sometimes when you're asleep I look at you and wonder at how still and serene you look. it blows my mind every time because when you're awake, missy you make the most of every waking moment. sometimes I just watch and in the midst of you trying to pick up the ottoman, yes pick up?!? and upon realizing you can't launching yourself onto it, as you "talk" and laugh to yourself. you look up at me with that gummy smile and I think, actually I say it " I have no words, baby girl,no words". this of course means nothing to you so you carry on, this time launching yourself onto the couch!! no words.


when you're hungry, you've now gone beyond just signing "eat". you start walking to the kitchen and head for the fridge, or even better point to your high chair then lead the way to the kitchen. I mean come on.. no words. if its snack time you wait under the cupboard that has the crackers.
After a diaper change you pick up your dirty rolled up diaper and start walking to the diaper genie, I open it and your dump your dump, and wait for your high five..for that I have a word.. Yay!!
one morning I took paper towels with us to the park, because all the swings etc still were wet from the dew. now morning park time includes you trying to clean up the park.. no words. people must think I'm a slave driving mother making my infant daughter clean up everywhere. so I'm actually quite relieved when you give yourself wood chips & dirt showers..but by the time we get to the park we already look cray cray, since we've got one of your favorite songs playing, you're dancing up and down in the ergo and I'm dance walking and we're both laughing for no reason. I'm sure I look like an absolute fool, but I LOVE our dance walk to the park.
 
 
 
 
when it's time for nap/nighttime- miraculously you put yourself on schedule that I LOVE- you make your sleep sigh, start throwing papa night night kisses and if I don't move fast enough, you start to (i call it) cry yelling.

I could go on, but I'm going to enjoy the rest of these rare serene moments as you sleep. because even when you're asleep you leave me speechless. no words can fully explain, baby girl, no words

No comments:

Post a Comment