Saturday, June 23, 2012

magical moments


"the joy of the Lord is my strength"
one day after during some stretch exercises I kept my hands up and in that moment asked God to be overwhelmed by his spirit, and the sweat became intermingled with some supernatural joy tears. it felt good. those moments don't happen every time I pray but when they do. well, it's magical. the best thing though is God gives us those moments even when we don't ask, we just miss them sometimes in the busy day. so lately I've tried to be more aware. 

I try to maintain eye contact with you when you nurse as much as I did when you were a week old. then I was just hoping you knew i was your mommy. now I see you watch me, your eyes smiling when I smile or make silly faces. delightfully magical.

when we're hanging out upstairs and you're doing your favorite dangerous move. leaning over the edge of the bed. I sign music to distract you, and you look at the iPhone in anticipation. watching your face when the music starts and your little hand go up as you start to move your little body and do your new high pitched scream..I mean singing:)).worship music never sounded so good. our dance sessions with dada as we play 'call me maybe' or 'walking' over and over again because we just can't stand the cuteness.  magically musical moments

coming downstairs from a late afternoon nap, wondering why it's so quiet downstairs to find you wrapped in the ergo on dada, intently watching him cook dinner. heart-melting magical moment

watching you "swim" for the first time, climbing the stairs without help, taking a semi step without holding onto something and squealing with delight when we say good job. and then of course showing off by doing it again. just magical. 

writing this as you fall asleep on my chest.. always magical

so many purely magical moments that fill my heart and soul, and scream holy spirit presence in my heart.  I'm grateful for God's grace that showers us with so many life moments, even on days when we're not worthy. "Your grace is enough for me" 








No comments:

Post a Comment