Sunday, February 19, 2012

thank you for the music

there are moments and experiences in my life since I was 8 years old that have your music and voice in the back of my mind. from seeing the music video of " I wanna dance with somebody" in Zimbabwe to dancing 20lbs off to your greatest hits dance cd in 2001 in an apartment in Texas. you were my vocal trainer as a pre-teen as i I tried to hit the "Whitney " notes and my vocal benchmark later in my life when i worked harder to hit that note and freaking out until I realized you sang different too:)
your voice was like no other, and you will be deeply missed by all of us who never met you but where hugely touched by you..." and if tomorrow is judgement day, and I'm standing on the frontlines hmmm, and the Lord asks me what I did with my life. I will say I spent it with you". "Thank you for the music" Miss Whitney Houston . May your soul rest in peace And Lord may you watch over Bobbi Kristina. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment