Monday, December 5, 2011

oh how you've grown

You had your two month check up today and oh boy oh boy!! For a second i worried if i had been feeding you too much until the doctor assured us you were..her words " a perfect baby in all her growth categories". You are now 12.5lbs and 23inches!! I'm storing the dumbbells i have a my own self-made weights. We are so happy and proud of you! Trust me it's relief to hear since i vowed not to be that first time mom who called her pediatrician every time you cried 5 minutes more than usual or spit up two more times than yesterday. Instead I'm the new mom that gets on her phone to google what ails her baby at 2am or 5am in the morning when you sniffled more than usual or you poop looked a little off twice in a row. The pediatrician was actually impressed by how much i knew and my solutions to perceived 911 situations that i handled so well, thanks to google of course. Yay iPhone!!

The worst part was watching get your shots though. It started off cute when you got your oral vaccination. You kept smiling at the nurse and stubbornly spitting some of it out the smiling again. It was adorable. Then we had to lay you down for the sucky part. I sang to you before and during the process and told you i loved you while dada was told to hold your little chubby legs down:( I know he didn't like it at all, it was cute how he hummed along as i sang "this light of mine" to you as you screamed with each needle shot. I have to say it wasn't as painful for me as i thought it would be. You were  obviously distressed but i just held you and talked to you as we walked out and by the time we got to the store ( doctor's office is two doors down from the store..thank you Jesus) you fed and went to sleep. That's my Zoe:)

Now lets see what the next two months before your next check up have in store for us

Smiles for Dr Fresno

No comments:

Post a Comment