Saturday, December 15, 2012

Dear Zoe


Thank you for being the beautiful mischievous fun loving light in our lives. Yesterday something horrific happened and 20 families had what you give us daily, ripped out of their lives. 
Thank you for being an unknowing anchor in such madness, for keeping my tears at bay as you pound your mouth to announce you're hungry yet again; healing my broken heart with your countless 'laugh for no reason' sessions; taking an extra short nap: forcing me to read you 4 books over and over, saving me from wallowing in the cloud of this unimaginable grief for 26 families. 

So I pray today for them and for you and your cousins, that you may look back on this as something that used to happen, and I'll never have a conversation many of mama's friends had to have with their kids. Please God may this be the last. 
Thank you baby for being a light in this darkness

Mama & Papa




No comments:

Post a Comment