Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Hip hip hooray



I've heard more times than I can stand, 1st birthday parties are for the parents. Really?!? Why? I have had 35 already why hijack my baby's birthday? then after looking back and thinking of how grandma & grandpa used to take us or as we got older drop us off at the water world, greenwood park or exploring the botanical gardens ( all in Zimbabwe so you'll just have to settle for little ole Disneyland later..bummer) while they made hot dogs with our friends and cousins parents, I figured I'll just stick with what I know. party for the kid. yes you will not remember it but there's enough photographic evidence of YOUR party. and in keeping with tradition - started also by grandma & grandpa- we did a total of 77 hip hip hoorays this week.. 1 for you, 9 for cousin Jenny and 67 for grandpa( auntie & i cheated on those a little, I mean 67 is a lot. but I'm positive he was beaming down on us) those are positively my best memories of birthdays. pretending to sleep knowing your grandparents were waking everyone up to tip toe into the birthday boy/girl's room and sing happy birthday and do the hip hip hoorays loudly led by grandpa..ahhh good times.

So here is the photographic evidence, hey it might jog your memory..haha
 














































 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment