Saturday, August 6, 2011

Life through Grace

2 Corinthians 12:9 (NLT)
Each time he said, "My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness." So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me.
Two days August 4th 2011 mommy's cousin Tapiwa Bruce who was like the older brother I never had passed away at 36. We grew up playing at each other's homes, his two brothers and sister and your aunts and uncle. Except fir his sister we were sent to the same boarding school and I was with him and his older brother Mufaro(another gift) at the University of Zimbabwe. He and Mufaro were heavily involved in campus politics and both served as Student Council Union leaders.
The student union was like a fraternity house where mostly guys hung out, politicking, drinking and made passes at any girl that passed by or entered certain party sections of the union building. Being "mwana waMuzvondiwa" gave me and my girlfriends a pass from any disgusting college behavior. You were not to mess with me when they were running campus. It was awesome.
During my time at Uni there were a lot of student protests and the government would send riot police to tear gas protesting( or by standing) students. When I was bad I wouldn't go on campus, but one day I was on campus when they showed up. My friends and I were gassed out of the residence hall we were in and had to run, whilst playing hide and seek with the police and their gas. I reached a campus field where people were running towards an exit. My cousin Tapiwa saw me and ran back grabbed my friend and I's hands and told us to hold tight and run like we'd never run before. It was one if the scariest days of my life and he literally saved me. Once off campus he put us on a bus and told me to go home and not come back to school for awhile. That was my cousin, he was my protector.
As I mourned his loss, you kept moving inside of me as if to say it's "okay mommy". It made me think of what a gift you are to your daddy and I. It reminded me of the meaning of your names. Zoe-Life Clementine-Grace. You were conceived at a time mommy was, according to your dad and aunts, slowly losing my mind after your grandpa died. In essence you gave mommy and as a result mommy and daddy a new lease on life, through God's grace embodied in you. You have blessed us so much and you're not even here yet, and we feel and know God's grace through you. We love you and we thank.

No comments:

Post a Comment